Thursday, May 3, 2012

Face shapes 2

Face shapes /Part 2

Square face shape
  
How to recognize square face shape?
Length and width of this face appear to be the same.Square face and its jaw line through the chin, is almost square.Another characteristic feature is same width of  forehead, cheekbones and jaw line.
Forehead is narrow from the hairline to the eyebrow.

Medium hairstyle is recommended.If you decide to go for short hair, don't forget to add some height to the crown.Soften sharp edges of the face by wispy bangs, flowing layers or angles cuts starting at the cheekbones.
 Contouring: Adding darker make up to both sides of the forehead will help to get length to the face. Apply  darker make up to the jaw line to soften sharp edges of the face.

Blushing : Apply blush to the ball of the cheeks and fades towards the ear, to create illusion of rounded appearance.

Examples of square face shape:
Rectangular face shape

This shape can be easily mistaken with square face shape as the jaw line is also square and forehead, cheekbones and jaw, are similar in width.
Typical feature to recognize the difference is long face with the square hairline and high forehead.

Hairstyle that adds some width and volume to the face is highly recommended.Bangs goes great with the high forehead and creates softness with short to medium hairstyle by rectangular shape.

If you decide to go for medium to long hairstyle, add some layers that will soften sharp features and creates illusion of wider cheekbones.

Contouring: We needs to create illusion of shorter face and add width to the cheekbones.
Apply darker make up at the hairline and under the chin.
Apply shading to the hollow of the cheeks from the ear downward towards  the corner of the mouth.

Blushing: Apply blushing  to the cheekbones, directly under the outer corner of the eye.
Highlighter is added high onto the cheeks.
 
Never apply blush lower that the tip of the nose!

Examples of rectangular face shape:


Triangular face shape:

Widest part of the triangular face shape is jaw line which is most prominent feature of this face shape. Cheekbones are narrower than jaw line an wider than the forehead.
Width of the face is face is 1/3 less than the length.

Medium hairstyle that falls just bellow the jaw line, is best  length for this face shape.Main intention is to bring width and volume to the top part of the face to widen forehead and soften the jaw line. Layers on the top of the face or bangs that brings some width would be great.

Contouring: Apply darker makeup to the chin and jaw line to make it narrower.Lighter make up should be applied to the hairline .
Blushing: Apply blush in a V shape from the brow to the temples, down to the cheekbones.

Examples of triangular face shape:


Hope it does make sense to you and if you want to know what face shape you are, go to  facebook page Your Unique Image and send me a message with your picture. And don't forget to like it....:)

I will come back to you  with more advice for your glasses shapes, hats and earrings.

To be continue...


18 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:48:00 PM

    Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a bit,
    but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. An excellent read.
    I'll definitely be back.

    My webpage - homepage: http://earth-essences.org/article/article.php?id=173435

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:33:00 PM

    Greetings! Very useful advice in this particular post!
    It is the little changes that will make the greatest changes.
    Thanks for sharing!

    my web-site - acc 206 homework solution

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:43:00 AM

    Hello mates, how is everything, and what you would like to say concerning
    this paragraph, in my view its truly awesome for me.


    Also visit my web site - ecig Com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:55:00 AM

    I am truly grateful to the owner of this web page who has shared this enormous paragraph at
    at this place.

    My web blog; lift radiance Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:00:00 PM

    whoah this blog is great i like reading your articles.
    Keep up the great work! You recognize, a lot of persons
    are looking around for this information, you could help them greatly.


    my web-site :: social media marketing training

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1:03:00 PM

    This design is incredible! You definitely know how to
    keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your videos, I
    was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job.
    I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

    Too cool!

    Look into my website; yard pest control ()

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:16:00 AM

    It's amazing to pay a quick visit this web page and reading the views
    of all mates on the topic of this piece of writing, while I am also
    eager of getting knowledge.

    my web page :: diet tips and fitness goals

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous2:59:00 AM

    I can’t remember the last time I enjoyed a piece of writing just as
    much as this one. You have gone beyond my expectations on this subject as well as I agree
    with your points. You’ve done well with this.

    Here is my page laser Hair removal south boston ma

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous3:48:00 AM

    It is very unique topic you’ve composed here.
    The fact remains I’m not familiar with this, nevertheless I
    think this is an excellent chance to learn more about.
    Thank you.

    My web blog; Vigrx Plus Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous2:46:00 PM

    Generally I do not read article on blogs, however I wish to say that
    this write-up very pressured me to take a look at and do
    it! Your writing style has been amazed me.
    Thank you, quite nice post.

    Also visit my web blog :: diet tips and fitness goals

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:30:00 PM

    I am not sure where you're getting your information, but great topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding
    more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for this information for my mission.

    Also visit my blog post: shop gold

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:33:00 PM

    Hurrah, tҺat's աhat I was exploring fоr, what a stuff!
    preesent herе at this weblog, thаnks admin of thiѕ website.


    Аlso visit mʏ page ... buy instagram followers (http://zeaglermusic.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous2:13:00 PM

    Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you might be
    a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and
    definitely will come back someday. I want to encourage you to continue
    your great work, have a nice holiday weekend!

    Here is my page :: ty long no website

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous4:30:00 PM

    Wonderful work! That is the kind of info that are meant to be shared around the web.
    Shame on the seek engines for now not positioning this put up upper!
    Come on over and consult with my website . Thank you =)

    my website Suresh Gaddam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous6:32:00 PM

    Howdy I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found you by accident, while
    I was looking on Digg for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a
    remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't
    have time to go through it all at the minute but
    I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
    be back to read much more, Please do keep upp the excellent work.


    Also visit my website: Suresh Gaddam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous8:58:00 PM

    Usually I do not learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very pressured me to try and
    do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thank you, very great
    article.

    Also visit my homepage beastiality

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:46:00 AM

    Hey! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless
    I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
    My site discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you are interested feel free to send
    me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!

    Terrific blog by the way!

    my blog :: Ricky Salvador

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous1:58:00 PM

    It's amazing to go to see this site and reading the views of all friends regarding this article, while I am also
    zealous of getting familiarity.

    Look into my web-site: Ricky Salvador

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...