Monday, March 4, 2013

6 answers from famous TV & Radio presenter


Is a young, talented DIY expert that loves to be surrounded by beautiful things. 
The reason I picked her for this interview is very simple.
I came across her blog a couple of months ago and was really astonished by her work .
Simone is a person who is very inspiring and creative. 
In addition to being a Do-It-Yourself expert, she is also an award-winning TV and radio presenter who in her short 28 years has lived in Australia, Switzerland, Singapore and finally Dubai.

How and when did you come up with DIY’s? Do you remember what was your very first DIY creation?


I look at current fashion trends, magazines and other DIY blogs for inspiration. The very first fashion DIY I created was a grey sweater with sleeves embellished with studs and metallic beads. A mix of casual and embellishment which was big in AW’12 at the time the blog launched.


Where is all of your motivation coming from?



I have always been, since I was a child, a highly motivated and active person. I am constantly moving and driven to share my hobbies and loves with the world. It’s very important to me to be contributing to the city.
How did you end up in Dubai?

In 2008 Virgin Radio International found me at a small radio station in Singapore called Power 98 FM and brought me to Dubai.



As you lived in several countries around the world, what was or is your most favorite destination and why?

Dubai is by far my favourite followed by St. Gallen in Switzerland. I love Dubai because Dubai loves me. The market has been overwhelmingly welcoming of me, even though I am not Arab at all.



Do you have some favorite quote you follow and believe in?


It’s nice to be important but more important to be nice.


Can you share with us some of your future project either within DIY’s or presenting ?


For presenting I am currently shooting with CNN International on one of their global travel shows. I’ve been chosen as one of their Dubai personalities. I can’t say much more. I’ve just shot for Elle Arabia and Chanel so that will come out in their April issue.

If you are interested in more information about Simone, feel free to follow her blog and get inspired
!

 
www.simoneheng.com
What I really loved about cheapnchic.net blog lately is new DIY in Dubai directory that's worth to be browsed through.

So check it out for sure!

It must have been pretty hard work. Well done Simone..










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...