Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Interview with talented fashion designer Dina JSR

Fashion Forward is in front of the door, hope you are prepared for big fashion event with full catwalk show & panel discussions that  will be happening in Madinat Jumeirah from 26th - 29th of April.

Dina JSR is another designer who took part at the event and kindly answered my questions about her passion, motivation, dreams and designs for FFWD event.
She is originally from Lebanon, brought up in Saudi Arabia, and lived in London for 8 Year.

"Fashion and fashion design have always been in my mind, even when I was designing jewelry or sorting out paperwork. Creating gowns, and later my own collection, suddenly became obvious after witnessing the natural elegance and glamour of Lebanese soirees."




Enjoy interview with Dina and discover beauty of her designs.All of the them look great and I can imagine to wear them all. My very favorite is the white one, 2 pieces design with narrow belt on
So which one do you like the most?








What does it mean for you to participate at FFWD?

Fashion Forward is a great opportunity for me to have my first fashion show in Dubai and the region. It’s a great Platform that has great potential and has done all the right things to do what it promises to do, move fashion scene forward and up the game. I am very excited about it.


Can you tell us something  about collection dedicated to  FFWD event?



I will be showing my Fall Winter collection 13-14 at FFWD. As you know, I get my inspiration from architecture and this collection is no exception. 

My collection is inspired this time by the Dorobanti Tower designed by architect Zaha Hadid in Bucarest. It’s a metallic weft thread to draw out a soft geometry. These angular and precise figures are laser-cut, intertwine and repeat themselves and you’ll see that a lot in the FW13-14 collection.   

Playing around with subtle layers of transparency, light laces and evanescent tulle appear amongst precise strips, sheathed with black leather or amethyst-colored crêpe Georgett. Can’t wait to see the pieces come to live on the runway!




What was the moment that you decided you to become a fashion designer?

I always wanted to be a fashion designer, but once I went to London and attended Central Saint Martin and did my foundation course in jewellery I got really fascinated by it and working with rough materials so that lead me to continue my studies in jewellery design.

What should we expect from your creations?To whom is it dedicated ?
My brand is for those different women; a fashionable, an elegant or a trendy woman, specially a woman that loves to live life to the fullest and that is daring sometimes to wear an original dress.


Where is your inspiration coming from?Do you have any muse?


I was always impressed with the Art of architecture and its beauty so I found combining fashion with architecture would be quite interesting because the dresses that I design are quite structured, detailed and geometric.
 



Looking back to the past what fashion era did you like the most?


I loved the times of Audrey Hupburn, Elizabeth Taylor. the fifties. Woman then were amazing, feminine and elegant. The sense of fashion was sublime, marvelous. I would’ve loved to live at their time : ) 


What is your biggest dream you can share with us?


My biggest dream is to see one day all the fabulous woman around me wearing a DINA JSR dress and to be able to expand my brand and add a jewelry line. Ever since I was 11 that was my dream and it never changed. 




How would you describe “unique style”?


To me a unique style would be every individual recreating what they like and wearing it their own way. A style, shows who you are as a person, what moods you’re in, are you daring or are you shy, are you outgoing or more homy person.  Are you funky or hip. This is what a unique style  means to me.

 My line DINA JSR is a line that represents me, my personality, my moods. But than the client could buy that dress and wear it and it won’t have the same mood and personality anymore because of the way she wears it so the mood of that dress changes depending of the woman.


When it comes to you personally how would you describe your own  style?


My personal style, I would honestly say I’m quite a mixture of different styles. 

"I could be elegant and simple, I could be hip and rock, I could be on the hippie side and I could be on the daring and bold style as well. It all depends on how I wake up in the morning and the mood I’m in"

For example if I wake up tired, I’ll go more for the rock, hip style, it helps me get the energy. If I wake up relaxed, then I’ll go more on the elegant style since I’m at ease with myself .if I wake up happy I’ll go more on the hippie style. The last mood is when I feel down I’ll go more on the daring, bold style so it gives me the energy and the confidence. So as a conclusion I never had one personal style to be honest :)


If you want to see Dina's runway show at Fashion Forward event , register at FFWD website and enjoy entire event.

Have a perfect rest of the day .


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...